Friday, November 19, 2010

Pls help! I'm getting married and I can't have the traditional father/daughter dance with him:(?

My father has an illness and can barely walk much less dance and he is also a pastor so he is performing the ceremony and obviously won't be walking me down the aisle. I've always loved the daddy and his little girl dancing on her wedding day and never dreamed as a little girl that my ';super hero'; dad would'nt be physically able to on mine. Does anyone have any suggestions how i can still have that moment with him to show him how great a dad he was for me?Pls help! I'm getting married and I can't have the traditional father/daughter dance with him:(?
...Hug your father and tell him he's your hero even if he's not able to dance with you or walk with you!...I think that just seeing you walking along the aisle and being the only one to clearly see your face when you say ';YES'; would make him feel happy like never before...Pls help! I'm getting married and I can't have the traditional father/daughter dance with him:(?
My advice to you would be to write down all the things that make your father a wonderful person and read it to him at your wedding.
Maybe you could dedicate a song to him and have the dj play it at the end of your speeches.
Just from what you are saying it is obvious you wouldn't need to do anything to show you love him, he would already know.

My gf suggested, Instead of dancing, how about having a slide show or similar with all the photos of you and your dad from when you were a little girl to now, and have your dad on a chair in the middle of the room with you next to him. I know it is not dancing, however he will be stoked (Very happy) that you did that for him.
Can you karaoke a duet or is he too sick. Congratulations, by the way!!
Im sorry to hear that you won't be able to have your dance with your dad, it sounds like you love him very much. I think the idea of a reading to him, just to show how much he means to you. If you have a good voice you could sing a song to him? As for him not being able to walk you down the aisle, I think it's lovely that he is doing the ceremony, who better to join you and your fiance together? Whatever you decide I hope you have a fantastic day!
Get him a wheelchair and come with a creative dance together...your dance dont need to be fast. If thats too challenging, then when its time for the dance...put a chair in the center dance floor let him sit and do a Ode to my Father speech or poem on how much he means to you.
Present him with an item that is symbolic or important to your relationship with him, such as a childhood gift or an item you love that you want to pass on to him to hold, and give a short speacg about it. People will clap at the end and everyone will feel warm inside.
Aww thats really sweet. What I would do and think about is still dance with him. Bring him to the middle of the dance floor and you dance around him with occasionally coming to him to hold his hands and dance. Or make up a dance that you just do and dedicate it to your father. Then in the middle of the dance, have your new husband come in and dance with you.
Does your father use a wheelchair? When my cousin married she sat on the arm of her father's wheelchair for her dance with her father. If not, I love the idea of a special song after the toasts, but why not take it one better and SING the song to him yourself?
have him use a wheelchair or cane. Or have your mom dance with u guys also for extra physical support.

No comments:

Post a Comment