Sunday, November 21, 2010

Girls! Dance tights issues! Need help with technique!?

So I'm on my school's dance team. And our uni consists of this step-dance-like dress, black pantyhose, and, obviously, black dance shoes. My problem is with the pantyhose. It takes me like ten minutes to get on, and I'm always the last one out of the changing room because of it. It's gotten to the point where i have to get one of my friends to help (I kno, weird lol). But its embarrassing and I've begun to really dread changing because of it. And when I do finally have them on, the gusset is always, like, an inch too low and ugghhhh. I've tried a bigger size, but I still can't get them on without tearing them. I'm not fat or anything. I'm five two and about one hundred and thirteen pounds, so I'm fairly normal.



How can I get them on faster? What about using like lotion or something to help lube up the skin on the legs?Girls! Dance tights issues! Need help with technique!?
Practise makes perfect

- Try and try again to get them on, make that your home work to put on tights



This website should help you learn to put on your tights

http://shapings.com/Merchant/merchant.mv鈥?/a>Girls! Dance tights issues! Need help with technique!?
Lotion will make you gooey, and actually make it harder to get them on. It'll work like glue, not lube.

It's easiest to put tights on dry skin, so make sure you're not fresh out of the shower either.

Scrunch the tights all the way down to the toe, and stick your foot in. Then just pull them up your leg. Like this picture, but ignore the white thingy. http://www.tekability.com/catalog/usrima鈥?/a>

It's also super handy to stretch them before you put them on. I stand on the toes and stretch them up as high as I can reach (or as high as they'll go). Do this a few times to loosen them up. If you don't stretch first it makes sense that they tear or hang too low.

Or, try putting them on at home and just wearing them under your pants. When you change for your class they're already there! Voila, not a problem.

You probably just need to practice, they're kind of awkward if you're not used to them.

So, stretch, scrunch, and slide on up!
Remember that you don't put on tights like pants, putting your foot through the entire leg. You want to gather the entire leg with your hands, so that you can place your foot right in the foot of the tights. Then you'll pull them up over your legs. If you are going to be changing really quickly, you might want to gather your tights beforehand so that it's super easy to pull them on and go. Hopefully this helps you! I know quickly changing for dance is really hard to get used to. I had to change from a tutu, pink tights, a white leotard, pointe shoes, a choker necklace, and a tiara, into tan tights, black pants, a black leotard, a tank top, jazz shoes, and take off my tiara and necklace all during a three minute song. Remember to have everything ready to go (including your tights) and it should go much smoother. Good luck!
bunch up the tights then put your foot in and pull up.
Easy scrunch the pantyhose together and put your foot through it and pull it up your leg.
Lotion would you just ruin the tights. Bunch up the fabric and pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment